Yea, yea, yea. We need to come up with New Year's resolutions. But who's got time? We've got stuff to get done right here, right now. But rumor has it that when you take care of yourself - mind, body and soul - some good things shake out along the way. Now, we're not gonna get all woo-woo on you, but we did find ten ways to help put yourself at the top of your 2014 to-do list. This Top Ten is just a start, but stick around to the end of the list, because we're also giving away an hour-long massage to one of our Right Now Downtown subscribers. Great way to start the new year, huh?
10. Speaking of massage, did you know you can walk to a spa downtown? And you have options. Square One relocated earlier this year to spacious digs, and they offer a wide array of services to pamper you in the new year. For those who want to schedule a weekly massage, but worry about your checkbook balance, Serenity Spa offers great deals since they train up-and-coming massage therapists.
9. Seven Studios offers everything from yoga to boot camp to aromatherapy to life coaching. Julie Wilkes and her crew will get you primed and ready for 2014.
8. Looking for a gym with a cause? Both the YMCA and the YWCA boast strong social service missions, so you can feel good while you're working out. However, if time is the biggest obstacle to your workout, try Capital 24 Fitness, which is open around the clock. Click here for more fitness options.
7. Need a better way to manage the cash and credit cards in your wallet? Try Zer0z. The less wallet, more cool philosophy will keep you streamlined and organized.
6. Once you solve your financial matters, stylin' new duds may help you rock 2014. You'll want to check out Flying Gents or Sofyano.
5. If you still can't figure out what you need to do to put your name at the top of the to-do list for 2014, a little R & R is in order. Check out one of the many downtown hotels, which provide ample pampering.
4. While you snag some R & R, catch some downtown culture. Start with CAPA, browse the Center for Creativity at the Columbus Museum of Art, or check out some other artsy options.
3. If you only have a few minutes to search for a little harmony, try ZenCha Tea Salon. All over the world, communities come together over tea, so try it. Make a date with yourself for some peaceful contemplation.
2. For arguments sake, let's say you can't find even a half hour to take care of yourself. Well, you're in big trouble and need to streamline. We suggest you forgo grocery shopping. No, you won't starve; just pick up the phone and let Hills Market Downtown do the heavy lifting AND delivery.
1. And if you still can't figure out a way to take care of your needs, get inspired at Robert Mason Co. You will find some pretty nifty tablets, pencils and journals to get the creative juices flowing.
We just scraped the surface, but let us know what you plan for your New Year's resolution, and we will enter you to win a gift certificate for an hour-long massage at Serenity Spa (be sure to leave your email address with your comment so we can contact you).