Rain and clouds – will they ever go away? Stormy skies make it hard to plan meet-ups for drinks and festivities. But hey, we gotta take advantage of at least warm weather, right? We thought it might be good to have a go-to list of downtown patios that offer umbrellas with those drinks just in case you experience a pop-up shower or two. We’ll start you off with a list of 10, so you might not even care if it’s raining after you hit them all. If you add to our list, or tell us what you like about enjoying a downtown drink, you might just win drinks on us.
10. Feed your happy at Rishi Sushi during their Monday through Thursday Happy Hour. Order the Oasis (House Sake, Cruzan spiced rum, pineapple juice, orange juice and coconut garnished with orange) and you might just forget about the weather forecast.
9. Schedule your Spa Day (orange vodka with house-made seasonal fruit-infused water) at Latitude 41.
8. Shoot the moon at Tip Top Kitchen and Cocktails with the Bottoms Up (Old Crow Whiskey and RC Cola with a cherry).
7. Take a little luck from the Irish and turn gray skies bright with a Guinness at Dempsey’s Downtown.
6. If the cloudy, rainy skies torque you off, take your Angry Balls (a shot of Fireball served with an Angry Orchard Cider) to 1831 Tavern and chill out.
5. If you’re still a Suffering Bastard, this almost-too easy tiki classic using gin as a base will straighten you out at Grass Skirt.
4. Take a few rounds at Ringside Café happy hour. Burgers and beers offer a knock out.
3. Rain, rain go away… But if doesn’t, that will leave you plenty of time to further your education at the Elevator Brewery and Draught Haus with their PhD (Professor of Hearty Drinking).
2. Forkless Dessert (hazelnut liquor, Baily’s Irish Cream and Chambord) is just a dinner away at Manifesto.
1. With all the evening festivities, it’s always good to know where to enjoy a morning cocktail and some nosh. The patio and umbrellas await at Due Amici’s Bloody Mary Brunch.
Now, this drink list may not take away the gray skies, and we know there are lots of other downtown watering holes. Want to enjoy drinks on us? Well, click on through to our Facebook page and let us know your favorite downtown patio to grab a drink (after all, we couldn’t list all the great places), and we’ll pick one person to receive drinks on us. Cheers.