We know our downtown retail sector needs a little boost, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t take advantage of what we have in our downtown core. What better time to check out the market and support local businesses than on Small Business Saturday (November 28)? To make it easy on you, we assembled a list of 10 places that you can find just about everything on your holiday shopping list. Read through to the very end fort a chance to win a little shopping spree on us.
10. It’s spa time. Both Studio 33 Salon and Spa (33 N. Grant Ave.) and Square One Salon (275 S. Fourth St.) put rest and relaxation at the top of the gift-giving list as they offer a multitude of spa packages.
9. Forget the fruitcake. Who needs dried up fruit bits or fermented mystery nuggets when Edible Arrangements (14 N. High St.) makes a very Merry Christmas with their Gourmet Shareable Collection of chocolate dipped caramel apples?
8. Swoop into the Flying Gent (46 N. High St.) or Sofyano (344 S. High St.) to pick up something snazzy for the sharp-dressed man in your life.
7. Take your pick on beverages with something for everyone on your list – from specially blended teas at ZenCha Tea Salon (19 E. Gay St.) to small-batch roasted coffee beans at Café Brioso (14 E. Gay St.) to growlers of something a bit more spirited from Wolf’s Ridge (215 N. Fourth St.) or the Elevator (161 N. High St.).
6. The super cool people on your shopping list deserve a Zer0z (17 E. Gay St.) wallet. Even better? When you go into buy one, hang out with the entrepreneur who came up with the idea.
5. You can’t go wrong with diamonds – ever. Two downtown shops offer a wide selection of sparkly gems so check out the Diamond Exchange (22 W. Gay St.) and Chet’s Jewelers (20 E. Gay St.).
4. Vintage vinyl fans will love anything you find at Spoonful Records (116 E. Long St.).
3. Can’t decide between chocolate and flowers? Good, head on over to T. Bears Florist (237 S. Third St.) and get both.
2. Tucked away where you might not imagine finding a gift are Columbus Museum of Art (480 E. Broad St.), Statehouse Museum Shop, Cultural Arts Center (139 W. Main St.) and Thurber House (77 Jefferson Ave.).
1. Still no luck? Well, first and last on your list should be State & Third (65 E. State St.). This shop is filled with amazingly unique artisan finds – jewelry, clothes, artwork, handbags, lotions and soaps. We could go on and on, but just know it offers one-stop shopping, and it’s all handmade.
Click on through to our Facebook page and tell us what your favorite holiday tradition is, and you’ll be entered to win a gift certificate from State & Third.