Back to school is just around the corner, but summer festival season continues this week with Festival Latino. This festival celebrates Latino culture with a family-friendly line-up of music, dancing, arts and cultural workshops and, of course, cuisine. Festival Latino returns to Genoa Park on Saturday, August 11 and Sunday, August 12 from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day.
CAPA announced an all-star line-up of national, international and Ohio-based artists. So, get ready for headliners Típico Urbano, Gina Chavez and Lupillo Rivera on Saturday. Then, come back for Frank Reyes and El Gran Combo on Sunday. Local favorites, Ritmo Ondas, The Ark Band and DJ Cale will also perform.
Plus, there's the food. You can try a little of everything in the way of Latin deliciousness. Participating vendors can be found here. And, they include The Best of the Best, Caribe Sur, Dream Cakes, The Spot Latin Grill, Mexicali, Cuban Latin Grill and much more.
Festival Latino Activities
- The Dance Plaza features performances from dance companies, plus salsa lessons with Carlos Rubio. Yes, you can get your own dance on.
- The Children's Area offers free activities each day from noon - 6 p.m. So, bring the kiddos for book giveaways, crafts, balloon artists, fun with COSI, and community health screenings.
- Do you love to shop? Head to the Festival Latino Marketplace. You'll find vendors offering traditional Latin American jewelry, arts and crafts.
- Then, visit the Author Showcase and the Visual Artists' Showcase, where you can enjoy displays of the work of Latin writers and artists.
- You can also look after your health at The Health and Wellness Area. Enjoy free health screenings from local health and social service organizations. Plus, there will be bilingual information available. Participating organizations include American Red Cross, Columbus Public Health, Mt. Carmel, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and more.
- Finally, investigate community services available from organizations such as DACA Time, Inspire Elementary School, El Centro de Servicios Sociales, Inc. and more.