Fences and detours and cranes, oh my. Follow the orange barrels in the name of progress. Great things are happening downtown, which put ColumbUS on the map, and it’s only getting better. The Mid-Year State of Downtown Report highlights all the downtown progress covering major investments, residential markets, hospitality attractions and so much more. Whether you’re a developer who needs to dig into some research about the office market or an urbanite who wants more info about Downtown revitalization, here’s some scoop.
Capital Crossroads and Discovery Special Improvement Districts prepare the comprehensive, biennial State of Downtown report. Along with data, the report shines a light on organizations making an impact Downtown. Among the highlights:
- Downtown's residential population grew to an estimated 8,300 residents
- The apartment occupancy rate is 96 percent
- $641 million of new investments are under construction in Downtown
- $127 million of new investments were completed in the first half of 2017, including the much-anticipated Hotel LeVeque Autograph Collection and Parks Edge Condominiums
- Downtown arts and cultural organizations continue to have a large impact in the economy with total expenditures of $86 million and attendance of 3.4 million attendees annually
We gave you enough just to wet your whistle. If you would like to read the full report, you can download it here