What’s up for you in 2015? After too much indulging, many of us are ready to regroup, and some of us even promise to improve in some way in 2015. From authors and songwriters to business moguls and Cbus locals, we gathered 10 ideas that might help you form your own plans for 2015.
1. We hear that Facebook mogul, Mark Zuckerberg, plans a New Year’s Resolution every year. One year, he gave up his trademark t-shirt and hoodie combo and vowed to wear a tie every day. Another year, he learned Chinese. Maybe what worked for him can work for you.
2. If procrastination is your problem, maybe it’s time to take a little advice from Mark Twain: “If it's your job to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it's your job to eat two frogs, it's best to eat the biggest one first.”
3. Need to capture and keep a little motivation? Forbes has a few ideas about how you can totally “Crush Your New Year’s Resolutions.”
4. Iconic folk singer Woody Guthrie (think, this land is made for you and me) had his own version of New Year’s Resolutions that he called, New Year’s Rulin’s, which could benefit a lot of us.
5. Refinery 29 suggests that if you examine how you want to feel rather than what you wish to accomplish, you will find the direction you need to go.
6. Helping others will always help improve your outlook, and the Columbus Foundation makes it really easy. http://columbusfoundation.org/
7. Want to make sure this coming year, is THE year that fitness makes it to the top of the to-do list? Here are a few downtown gyms that can help you meet those goals. /find-it-downtown/shopping-services/health-fitness
8. If you need something to keep you energized the entire year, local man, Gregg Dodd, created a list that was part resolution, part bucket list. Fifty-two goals impacted him in very big ways.
9. Local creativity guru, Artie Issac suggests a SMARTY goal system. Make it Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely and Yours.
If all else fails…
10. Check out the most popular New Year’s Resolutions. Not only will you get suggestions, but a few directions to help you get started. Good luck.