Columbus College of Art and Design (CCAD) students will transform a COTA bus into an interactive art installation and public conversation hub next week. So, mark your calendar and head to the corner of Broad and High Streets every day from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. CCAD Professor Kim Webb’s Social Practice class created the project, entitled Mobilize. And, you’re not going to want to miss out on any of the fun.
First, students will visually transform the bus to prepare it for lunchtime sessions of yoga, face painting, meditation and conversation. Topics will include Economic Development and Transportation, Environment, Sustainability and Transportation, Health and Transportation, Social Justice and Transportation, and Art & Social Practice and Transportation.
Project partners include Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA), Capital Crossroads Special Improvement District and CCAD students. When you go, don't forget to thank instructors and students for all the hard work. Kudos go to Nashwa Bawuah, Alexa Bolton, Betsy Corcoran, Katy Daiber, Allison Duemmel, Eris Lynn, Tylan McCollum, Brilee McPherson, Laura Toogood, Kim Webb, and Gabriel Yahl. Also, representatives from Columbus Public Health and local artists will join the event.
Carve some time out of your day to stop and play, or take part in a meeting of the minds. Here’s what awaits:
Mobilize Calendar of Events: Free, Free, Free
Monday, April 23, Mobilize—Economic Development and Transportation
- 10 a.m. – noon, Conversations with COTA and Capital Crossroads SID about current innovations and Columbus happenings
- Noon – 1 p.m., Yoga
- 1:30 – 3 p.m., Storytime with bus drivers and bus riders
Tuesday, April 24, Mobilize - Sustainability and Transportation
- 10 a.m. – noon, Conversations with CCAD students, Columbus Public Health and more
- Noon – 1 p.m., Face painting with CCAD artists Alexa Bolton and Allison Duemmel and more
- 1 – 3 p.m., Big Talk, Small Talk with Tylan McCollum
Wednesday, April 25, Mobilize - Health and Transportation
- 10 a.m. – noon, Conversations with Columbus Public Health, Parker Hannahs and Sarah Hale (of Defining Skin) and more
- Noon – 1 p.m., Dancing with Katy Daiber and more
- 1 – 3 p.m., Poetry readings and open mic organized by Katy Daiber and Eris Lynn
Thursday, April 26, Mobilize - Social Justice and Transportation
- 10 a.m. – noon, Conversations with Mark Lomax and more
- Noon – 1 p.m., Guided meditations with Tylan McCollum
- 1 – 3 p.m., Poetry readings and open mic
Friday, April 27, Mobilize - Art and Transportation
- 10 a.m. – noon, Conversations with CCAD’s Art & Social Practice class
- Noon – 1 p.m., Psychic readings and Tarot cards with Gabriel Yahl and special guest
- 1 – 1:30 p.m., Razzle Dazzle with Danielle Julian Norton and more
- 2 – 3 p.m., Fashion show organized by Nashwa Bawuah and Gabriel Yahl
Before you go, get more information here.