Are you having a hard time sitting at your desk as the daffodils and trees grow more gorgeous by the minute?
Don't just dream about escape from underneath your to-do list. Get outside, play some hooky. We've got a top ten list that will get you started, and some are even disguised well enough to call work. Either way, read to the end to take a chance to win some grub on us.
10. Are your little piggies threatening to run for the nearest barn? Downtown hosts several places to find a spring break pedicure. The new guys on the block, Nail Styling Salon on Gay Street (221.5245), take walk-ins and will send you wee, wee, wee all the way back to your desk before your boss knows you've been gone.
9. Capitol Square Artwalk offers to feed your cultural and athletic side with two downtown walking routes, one just over a mile and another a little more than two. Both keep your heart pumping as you feast your eyes.
8. The Busy Traveler spa package at Square One Salon and Spa will transport you (well, in your mind anyway) to land far away as they massage the stress out of your aching muscles.
6. If your boss still hasn't noticed you're gone, catch a matinee at the Arena Grand while you're in the area.
5. Check out the progress of Columbus Bicentennial Pavilion at Columbus Commons. Construction nears completion, and fantastic summer entertainment awaits so mark you calendar.
For those whose bosses drool over them like a bulldog, we have a few more ideas to get you out of the office and into the sunshine, and you can still call it work.
4. Walk on down to Graham Office Supply to order your Post-It-Notes (and just about anything else for that matter). Did you know Graham's price matches large box-store competitors?
3. Head over to Fast Signs to order everything from promotional products to banners, but just know you missed your chance to be on TV when the Fast Signs big wig was featured on Undercover Boss.
2. Order your next piece of digitally printed marketing collateral from Monk's Copy Shop, or place a business card order with Capitol Square Printing.
And the number one way to play hooky in the spring...
Count the daffodils throughout the downtown core. They're popping up everywhere. But when you get back, tell us about your favorite downtown hangout by posting a comment here. A winner will be selected to receive lunch on us - outdoor dining of course.