Where’s your favorite happy hour? Do you prefer a quiet outside patio like Latitude 41, or do you prefer dark and mysterious like Manifesto? So many choices. As we sampled and perused our options, we found lots of downtown places. The names of some particularly interesting cocktails jumped out right away - Commit To Be Lit for example. We had to share some of our faves in our own Top 10 List, which will get you started on a bang-up happy hour. You may just want to reserve your cab now because you are in for a treat.
10. Taste your very own Rainbow of Mojitos at the Cup o’ Joe/Mojo Lounge on High Street across from Columbus Commons.
9. Channel 007 when you order a Vesper at Latitude 41, the very drink James Bond orders for a night on the town.
8. Along with the Commit to be Lit, find a Jungle Jack Hanna at Tip Top Kitchen and Cocktails. It’s served tall and garnished with a live tiger (when in stock).
7. Take a Shot in the Dark at 89 Fish and Grill, which is Bulleit Bourbon, balsamic reduction, basil and a squeeze of lime.
6. For the beer lovers out there, order a Bear Ass Pale Ale at The Elevator, or for a darker brew, you can’t beat the Procrastinator Dopplebock. American Craft Brew Week is this week so there’s no time like the present.
5. If brewskies bring trouble your way, you may need to stop by the Jury Room for a Bordello Bubbly – OYO Stone Fruit Vodka, Chambord, champagne and bitters.
4. Do you say, “Jamaican Me Crazy” every Monday after work? Well, Lexi’s on Third has just what you need with a concoction of Captain Morgan, Malibu rum, triple sec, pineapple juice and splash of OJ.
3. If your coworkers are fine, but your kids are driving you nuts, Manifesto Grato and Scotch Bar will stir you up a Mommy’s Little Helper of Stoli Bluberri, Triple Sec and Cranberry.
2. When one too many brings on a Purple Haze at J.Gumbos, then you will need to make one last stop to…
1. Escape to another world with The Grass Skirt Zombie at Grass Skirt Tiki Room.
We know this list will just get you started. Leave a comment here and tell us where your favorite happy hour digs are. Cheers.