How in the world can it be time for Valentine’s Day? Weren't we just ringing in the New Year? If time slipped away (or you lack the funds) to book a romantic getaway, have no fear. We pulled together a list of gift ideas that will make your sweetie smile.
To make things easy, we’ve categorized gift ideas, all of which are right downtown. There are a ton of choices, but this should get you started. Let us know what your plans are, and don’t forget to read it all to find out how to enter to win some good eats at Dempsey’s.
10. Chocolate Love: Brownies, truffles, assorted chocolates – you name it. Walk in and pick it up or order to be shipped. Either way, chocolaty goodness awaits at Sugardaddy’s Sumptuous Sweeties and T. Bears Florist.
9. Nostalgic Love: Find oodles of the conversation hearts we all loved as kids at The Peanut Shoppe. Pat Stone also has chocolates and will custom pack freshly roasted nuts for those non-chocolate freaks, ahem, love interests.
7. Healthy Love: Fruity bouquets at Edible Arrangements won’t tug at the waistline. We warn you though; the chocolate covered strawberries are hard to pass up. What the heck, Valentine’s Day only comes around once a year.
6. Less Is More Love: go talk to Paul Westrick at zer0z. He will help you simplify, minimize and stylize with his way-cool wallets.
5. Local Swag Love: Find gifts that are all about Cbus and Ohio at Experience Columbus and the Statehouse gift shop. Celebrate what makes us the cool kids.
3. Artistic Love: Head to Columbus Museum of Art and check out hand-made kaleidoscopes or coffee table books in the gift shop. Don’t forget to take a peek around the Rothko exhibit while you’re there.
Speaking of good eats…
1. Foody Love: Downtown Cbus boast great eats. This list will get you started. Dempsey’s Restaurant has a romantic menu planned, and one of our readers is going to get a 25.00 gift certificate. Just tell us how you plan to spend your Valentine’s Day and you will be entered to win.