Here’s to a fun and prosperous 2016. Instead of breaking New Years’ resolutions, how about trying just a few new things here and there? To make it easy on you, we pulled together a Top 10 List of things we like to do downtown. There’s tons more to do downtown, but this will help you get 2016 off to a bang. Read on through to the end of the list to find out how you might win an amazing prize package from the Art of Yoga.. That's a whopping 300 bucks worth of yoga for one lucky winner.
1. Experience more art. Start with Art Makes Columbus – Columbus Makes Art. Find info on events, organizations, artists and stories behind the art. From there, the only limit is your imagination.
2. Develop an exercise plan. Lucky for you there are gyms and trainers all around downtown. Whether it’s swimming or spinning at the YMCA or Boot camp at Ignite Fitness, check out our downtown list for a gym near you.
3. Get your Zen on as you explore the world of yoga. Experience fine art and an awesome downtown skyline at the Art of Yoga or take advantage of life coaching and wellness plans at Seven Studios. For the men out there you can even sign up for yoga engineered for men at Merrelli Studio.
4. Drink more coffee. Café Brioso, Roosevelt Coffee, MoJoe and much mo. ‘Nuff said.
5. Drink more beer. First stop Columbus Ale Trail. Just so you know, many of the great brew pubs are right downtown.
6. Try a new restaurant. From Cuban to Italian; casual grab-and-go to fancy schmancy; the downtown food scene is delish.
7. Learn more about wine. Every Saturday from 1-3 p.m. The Hills Market Downtown opens their café for wine tastings.
8. Go old school with your music when you check out Spoonful Records. Not only will you find a huge assortment of vinyl, pick up a new turntable while there.
9. Support a nonprofit. The Jefferson Center for Learning and the Arts provides an inspired and sustainable model for more than two dozen nonprofits covering a wide array of services. The historic buildings have been adapted to modern business ranging from literacy to workforce development to world music programs.
10. Break bread with a famous author. The Thurber House hosts regular Evenings with Authors events, and before the shindig, they also host Author’s Table, which is an intimate dinner with the guest artist. Sign up early for this. Space is limited.
There’s tons more to do downtown, so what are you waiting on? Leave a comment on our Facebook page about what you want to do downtown in 2016, and you’ll be entered to win a month pass from the Art of Yoga.