No naughty lists here—only 5 Easy Gift Ideas —and everything is Downtown. Forget the stress of sitting in traffic or finding your car in the mall parking lot. Whether you need stocking stuffers or something bigger, you can hit all these places on your lunch hour. So, you can check off even the hardest people to buy for. And to add to the holiday cheer, we’re gonna give one lucky shopper a gift on us. Re-gift it or keep it yourself.
Tired of giving ho-hum gifts that receive a polite thank you, and then you never see them again? And what about all the time you spend searching for the perfect gift? It’s exhausting, and who has that kind of time? Now, you can take your shopping list out when you head out for lunch. (Yep, that’s another great reason to work downtown.) Grab some nosh and come back with gifts galore. To help keep you organized, we broke things up in a list that will help you make the most of your lunch hour.
5 Easy Gift Ideas
- For the sharp-dressed man on your list, head over to Flying Gent or Sofyano. Whether you want to go all out or grab a stocking stuffer, they make shopping easy. Speaking of stocking stuffers, zerOs: Less Is More wallets make a great stocking stuffer for men or women on your list.
- Next, the foodies. How about some artisan cheese and salami? Or, what about hand-crafted marinara and pasta? Either way, Hills Market Downtown offers all kinds of stuff for that die-hard foodie in your life. If your foodie’s interests lean more toward restaurants, check out Dine Originals. They’ve got great deals on gift cards, and there are lots of downtown restaurants to pick from. Don’t worry; you can get the gift card now and choose the restaurant later.
- Cheers to great beer. Hit Wolf’s Ridge Brewing, The Elevator or one of the other breweries throughout downtown. Whether your beer lover wants to linger over a taproom flight or saddle up to the bar with a steak and a stout, big hugs are headed your way with this gift.
- Know someone who can’t start her day without a little java? Try a bag of fresh-roasted beans from one of the downtown coffee houses. Oh, and throw in a Columbus Coffee Trail book. Downtown has a great showing there, too.
and last, but certainly not least...
- Got a real smarty pants on your shopping list? The Ohio Statehouse gift shop offers all kinds of history stuff that will keep him busy for hours. If she’s passionate about art, get a membership to Columbus Museum of Art, and wrap the card in a scarf you get from the museum gift shop.
Okay, these 5 Easy Gift Ideas will get you on your way to gifts galore. Before you head out, check out our Downtown Concierge. The Downtown Concierge gives you the nitty gritty on how to get to each of these places and more. Head over to our Facebook page and tell us what your favorite downtown tradition is. We’ll choose one person, and he or she will get a $20 gift card to Hills Market Downtown.