Fresh Herbed Tomato-Corn Salsa
From the China Study Quick & Easy Cookbook
This recipe comes in handy when tomatoes and corn are fresh at the farmers' market. It is great on corn chips, tossed with penne pasta or served as a side dish.
- 4 ears fresh corn, cut from the cob
- 1 large ripe tomato, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- sea salt to taste
Combine everything in large bowl and mix well. Let sit for 1 hour at room temperature or refrigerate overnight to let flavors marry.
: You can also make this with just bail or just the cilantro.