Man, it was a long winter, right? Ready for a Downtown recharge? Heck, you might have even forgotten some of your favorite spots. Get ready to escape from deadlines, email and to-do lists for just a few minutes. Recharge and rejuvenate. All these places are within an easy walk, and someone will get a gift certificate for some great nosh. So, you can grab lunch while you’re out.
Downtown Recharge--Let's Go
- Wanna bike, walk or just swing like you were five again? Head on down to Scioto Mile. With 175 acres of greenways, a Downtown recharge (or a little play) awaits.
- Of course, Columbus Commons is Downtown’s playground, but it’s also a great place to start your Downtown recharge. Benches line the beautiful gardens, which always brim with color. If you need to feel like a kid again, hop on the carousel. Spring means the carousel is open every afternoon and on the weekends, too.
- Get a two-fer when you head to the Discovery District. The Columbus Metropolitan Library backs up to Topiary Park. Find a nice quiet park bench and pretend you’re part of Sunday Afternoon on the Isle of La Grande Jatte. After you’re ready to go back to work, opt for a little remote time. Take a seat at a garden table at the library. Your Downtown recharge just morphed into your afternoon work day. Win-win.
- Stroll on down to the Ohio Statehouse on the north or south lawns. Pick a quiet, shady spot or opt for the full sun. And the bonus? Trees and flowers are in full bloom so it smells great.
- Take in public art and tranquility at the water fountains at the Ohio Supreme Court. The cool marble benches will calm anxiety on even the hottest day.
Okay, now that you’re ready to relax, you might also want to grab some grub. Check out the Downtown Concierge for lots of options on the way back to the office. We also have a restaurant gift card to give away. Leave us a message on our Facebook page about where you like sneak off for a Downtown recharge, and you’ll be entered to win some great nosh.