Black Friday is gone, so is Small Business Saturday, but you may still have a long list of people to buy for this holiday season. But are deadlines and client requests keeping you in the office so late that you haven’t been able to shop? Make it easy on yourself. You don’t need more stress trying to figure out shopping, too. Shop downtown!
From gamers to foodies, we’ve pulled together 10 downtown places where you’ll find some pretty unique gifts. All it takes is a quick walk outside. The added bonus—no mall crowds.
- For the gamers on your shopping list, the newly opened PINS Mechanical Co. on Fourth St. gives them everything from foosball to pinball to duck pin bowling seven days a week. A gift certificate will keep them entertained for hours.
- Is there a diva in your midst, or maybe just someone who deserves a little pampering? Studio 33 Salon and Spa or Square One provide a perfect downtown getaway.
- For the cooks or bakers out there, Hills’ Market Downtown customizes gift baskets packed full of artisan merchandise, which is also locally sourced.
- If you want to forget the food prep all together, how about a gift certificate from one of our great downtown restaurants. Peruse a list of downtown restaurants here.
- ZerOz maintains a less-is-more philosophy for their wallet designs. All the wallets are made right downtown on Gay Street, which is about as local as you can get.
- How about a gift certificate to one of the downtown brew pubs, and while you’re at it, Columbus Ale Trail books make great stocking stuffers.
- Like the idea of following a trail for great beverages, but caffeine is more your style? The Columbus Coffee Trail will fit nicely into that gift bag (pssst, neither the ale trail or the coffee trail books cost even one red cent.)
- Does the man in your life need a little makeover, or perhaps he already knows of the finer things? Both Flying Gent and Sofyano’s offer a full line of men’s clothing.
- You may not think of museums as the place for holiday shopping, but the gift shop at the Columbus Museum of Art offers everything from stocking stuffers to one-of-a-kind artwork. The library and the Statehouse also have great gift shops with treasures for all ages.
- Still have no clue, but time is pressing hard? State and Third specialized in hand-crafted, artisan merchandise. They offer such a diversity of products that you will find something for even the most difficult person to buy for on your list.
Did we miss one of your favorites? You can always let us know your favorite downtown place to get a special gift. Happy Holidays.