Cool stuff happens all over downtown, but there’s a slight chance you might have missed one downtown gem—the Discovery District. Just a quick walk (or CoGo bike ride) east of the downtown core art, culture and academia converge to offer plenty of fun for everyone. We’ve got a top 10 list of things that you should absolutely do this summer in the Discovery District. This will just get you started, but read to the end so you can enter to win a gift card to Lomonico’s. That means happy hour is on us for one lucky winner.
- First, get good and happy at Lomonico’s and Grass Skirt Tikki Lounge Happy Hour.
- From there, meander on over to Discovery Beach for a quick pick-up volleyball game.
- While playing volleyball, if you happen to look down at your tootsies and see that you need a pedi, just down the street pamper yourself at Studio 33 Salon & Spa.
- Columbus Museum of Art presents an incredible Pablo Picasso exhibit, and on June 29, Curator David Stark will give an intro to the show and discuss ceramics in the context of Picasso’s art.
- Take another spa break (there are never too many pampering days) and plan some time at Replenish.
- Topiary Park Summer Movie Theater begins Saturday, June 25. Spread out a blanket, grab some food truck nosh and munch on free popcorn.
- The grand re-opening of the downtown branch of Columbus Metropolitan Library takes place on June 25. The day will be filled with family friendly events.
- For the book lovers (and writers) out there, check out all the summer events at the Thurber House. They’ve got everything from writing classes to Evening’s with Authors.
- Also, on June 25, join the Kelton House to celebrate “Midnight Blues,” which will help fund future Kelton House programs.
- Wrap it all up at Hills’ Downtown for Grill & Chill Wednesdays.
Okay, so we tried to get everything into a top 10, but it occurred to us that after all of this activity, you may need a jolt of caffeine so don’t forget to stop by Roosevelt Coffee
and Café Brioso
Click on through to our Facebook Page
and tell us where you like to walk downtown, and you’ll be entered to win a gift card to Lomonico’s.