The Decorators’ Show House takes up residence this year at the Columbus Museum of Art o, and it’s only here for a short time. Sure, you’ll enjoy beautiful interior design with the lure of downtown living and the intrigue of creative inspiration. You’ll also want to take advantage of some special events. We came up with a list of five things to get you to get you started.
- The Preview Party: Mingle with local designers and rub elbows with Carolyn Englefield of Veranda magazine on Saturday, April 22 as you partake in the evening festivities of drinks, hors d’oeuvres, desserts and entertainment. Tour the space and maybe even win a prize or two in the Show House Hunt.
- Featured Guest Speaker: Carolyn Englefield of Veranda presents A Passion for Living: Houses of Style and Inspiration on April 23. Englefield’s career spans decades and continents, and she will talk about what makes a home exceptional, inspirational and unforgettable.
- Ladies’ Day: Pinkie’s up for High Tea, ladies. You’ll find out how to create a perfect scene for your party—from table settings to garden presentations. Learn about the lore and romance behind the event, and then enjoy High Tea with all your new friends.
- Speaker Series: Okay, so the series spans across several days, but you’re gonna want to make sure to come for at least a couple because you’ll get great design tips from the experts. There will be an appraisal event (think Antiques Roadshow); a paint and color event to show you how to re-envision worn-out furniture pieces; a designers’ panel, which will explore how you develop your own decorating style; and a downsizing/rightsizing discussion.
- Shopping: After immersing in the Decorators' Show House, you have to stop by the new CMA gift shop to get just the right something-something for that place above your mantel.
The Decorators' Show House runs from April 23 through May 14, and all proceeds support the museum’s art and education programs. For more information, visit the event website.