We pack our days and weekends full of must-do lists, but when was the last time you gave yourself a chance to relax and decompress? We know big blocks of down time may be non-existent, but what if you took a lunch hour once in a while to chill out? We want to help so we assembled a Top Ten List to get you started.
1. Stroll through Pearl Market on Tuesdays and Fridays through October. Find everything from artisan merchandise to fresh fruits and veggies and even a food truck or two.
2. Walk right into a Georges Seurat painting when you meander through Topiary Park.
3. Take your shoes off and let the grass tickle your toes as you walk (or run) across Columbus Commons.
4. Relax while you keep your heart healthy during one of the many downtown Columbus ArtWalks.
5. Tune out and tune in to your inner Zen with an hour-long massage at Studio 33 Salon and Spa, Square One Salon or Serenity Spa.
6. Kick your feet up on one of the swings along the Scioto Mile.
7. Feed your creative side as you forget your work worries at a downtown art gallery. There’s one for every day of the work week: Columbus Museum of Art, Fresh A.I.R. Gallery, Angela Meleca Gallery, Ohio Art’s Council Riffe Gallery and OSU Urban Arts Center. (CMA will be closed for a few weeks to get ready for their grand opening celebrations, but mark your calendar for October 22-25.)
8. Hop on the CBUS Circulator and hop off at the North Market. A little noon-time shop therapy will de-stress anyone.
9. Pedal away your stress with a lunchtime CoGo Bike Share ride.
10. Take a late lunch with James Thurber. Self-guided tours of the Thurber House begin every day at 1 p.m.
We’re sure there are plenty more places to add to the list so let us know your sure-fire way to decompress from a stressful work day.