Did the July 4th celebrations wet your whistle for more gatherings with friends and cocktails? What better way to keep the party going than to call a few friends and hit a happy hour or two on some cool downtown patios while you sip your favorite adult beverage. Here’s a list of 11 places that offer too-good-to-pass-up happy hours and/or cool patios. Pick your favorite and take a chance to win drinks on us.
Downtown offers plenty more than 11 places for a great happy hour, so this will just get you started.
- Get a lay of the land when you sit out on the rooftop patio at Platform Beer in the Discovery District.
- Options abound on Gay Street. Start off at Latitude 41—fair warning, the patio couches may lure you into drink number two.
- Wander (or stumble) to Tip Top Kitchen and Cocktails. They keep it local with their happy hour specials: $2 off Ohio draft beers, $3 OYO liquors and $3 Watershed liquors.
- The party has just started, and Due Amici serves pitchers of Sangria (and so much more).
- Might be time to get a little food, so grab a pie at Café Napolitana’s Alley Bar and, you guessed it, beer and a few more cocktails.
- Still standing? Wooo hooo! The Elevator Brewery and Draught Haus’ patio sits right on High Street where you’ll find plenty of craft brew options (and a bus stop right out front in case you need a ride home).
- Need some green space? DeNovo Bistro and Bar opens up onto Columbus Commons, which makes it a perfect place to get your nature on in the middle of the city.
- Condado Tacos is right around the corner from there. Half-off margaritas and $1 off tacos. ‘Nuff said.
- Is the forecast iffy? Hadley’s Bar & Kitchen boasts huge garage door windows that open to the street so unless the rain is really coming down, you can still enjoy your cocktails “outside.”
- PINS Mechanical offers more outdoor seating than you’ll know what to do with, and who can turn down duckpin bowling?
- Whew, it’s time to kick back and just enjoy the scenery. Milestone 229 gives you a list of Happy Beers for just $4 and Happy Martinis and Wine for $5. With the cool mist of the fountains next door, you might never want to leave.
Want to add a few more to the list? Post on our Facebook page
your favorite downtown patio, and you’ll be entered to win a drink on us.