After a long weekend of patriotic celebrations, too many hotdogs, too much of mom’s apple pie and a few too many cold brews, we know re-entry to the real world can be tough. Even by Tuesday, it’s hard to focus on that workday to-do list. Just when you think you’re making headway, a Facebook notification pops up on your phone, and you decide to take a little break to scroll through your newsfeed. Did you happen to see the claims that a little physical activity actually helps you get your groove back after a long, indulging weekend? Well, lucky for you, we’ve got a Top 10 List that not only could help trim your waist, but offer tons of downtown fun. Seriously, even if you’re a couch potato extraordinaire, you’re gonna wanna check this out. Besides, we’ve got a chance for you to win some cool stuff…
10. Let’s get the traditional activity out of the way so we can move to the fun stuff. Lots of options exist if you want a downtown workout. This list will get you started on gyms to hit – everything from spinning to CrossFit .
9. Want an organized workout, but short on cash? Columbus Commons offers free fitness classes ranging from yoga to bootcamp. For the runners out there, check out the Monday runner’s group.
8. Channel your inner 8-year-old self when you dance and play in the Scioto Mile Fountain.
7. While you’re at the fountain, you might as well keep on walking along the Scioto Mile, or check out one of the other great downtown parks. You’ll find everything from a wildlife oasis to amazing concert venues – all outdoors.
6. Plan a CoGo outing for one of the upcoming outdoor movies at the Topiary Park Summer Movies series. The first show on July 31 brings Jurassic Park to the downtown night skies, and food trucks will be close by if you need some nosh. Get the lowdown on all the movies here.
5. Strap that Fitbit to your arm and take one of the Columbus Art Walks around Capitol Square or the Discovery District.
4. For history buffs, Columbus Landmark Foundation Art Walks and Landmark Talks add some history to downtown walking.
3. Borrow a volleyball at Hills Downtown and walk across the street for a pick-up game on the sand volleyball court at Discovery Beach.
2. Stock up on healthy foods as you stroll through Pearl Market on Tuesdays and Fridays.
1. How about a downtown walking brew tour? Cbus has gotten a lot of press about the rich craft brew scene so call a few friends and check out one (okay, all) of the downtown breweries. Barley’s, Columbus Brewing Company, Elevator Brewing, Land Grant Brewing and Wolf’s Ridge Brewing all call 43215 home.
This will get you started. Leave a note on our Facebook page about your favorite “active” activity, and you’ll be entered to win a $20 shopping spree at Pearl Market.