Some may wonder how it can possibly be 2017 already, while others are more than ready to say goodbye to last year. Either way, it may leave you wondering about what’s next. In 2017, go ahead, explore outside (or inside) of your comfort zone. No matter your preferences, we assembled a list of 10 things to get you started. Read on through to the end because someone is going win something promised to keep them charged and ready to go throughout the year.
- So, even if you’re not a sports’ fan, it’s hard not to root for the Columbus Blue Jackets as they kick, ahem puck, this season. Whether you cheer them on from the stands or in one of the downtown pubs, history is in the making.
- For those of you who made 2017 fitness goals, you probably know about the downtown options to pump a little iron, but did you know about the yoga studios—even hot yoga?
- Sure, you can exercise your mind at our award-winning downtown library, but don’t forget that your library card also provides access to thousands of eBooks.
- If you hurry, you can still snag a spot in one of the winter session studio classes at the Cultural Arts Center. Heck, even if you don’t want to take a class, immerse in a little creativity in the gallery or gift shop.
- While you’re in the neighborhood, stroll along the Scioto Mile. It isn’t just for summer months, you know.
- Catch more fresh air and hopefully sunshine during one of the self-guided downtown Art Walks.
- Learning more about the architectural landmarks may even spur the need for more knowledge, so check out the rich history of the Thurber House, Kelton House and Topiary Park Gatehouse.
- For the youngsters, CAPA offers a Go For 5 program, which means a select group of shows are just five bucks for those who are 13-25.
- Sure, you know about the art museum, but what about Wonderball? Here’s your chance to dress up, dance and party for creativity.
- Don’t forget your taste buds. Explore around the world in one of the many downtown restaurants that bring Italy, Peru, Japan and Cuba to your table.
Tuckered out yet? Leave a comment on our Facebook page about someplace you want to explore downtown, and you’ll be entered to win a gift card from Café Brioso, which will keep you amped up to tackle the full list.